In a horrific act of intimidation on the evening of August 24, 2020, Black Lives Matter (BLM) activists entered a Washington, D.C., restaurant and demanded that all of the white patrons raise their fists in solidarity with BLM.1 Everyone complied except one woman sitting by herself. The thugs then swarmed around her. As the hooligans screamed within inches of her face, the courageous woman remained resolute in not raising her fist.
Such acts of aggression by BLM supporters are becoming more frequent. Nonetheless, BLM continues to garner public support. According to a Pew Research Center poll:
The Black Lives Matter movement, which is back in the headlines amid the nationwide protests, receives wide support. Two-thirds of U.S. adults say they support the movement, with 38% saying they strongly support it. This sentiment is particularly strong among black Americans [86 percent], although majorities of white (60%), Hispanic (77%) and Asian (75%) Americans express at least some support.2
Many seem to regard BLM as a humanitarian organization that fights on behalf of the downtrodden—as a nonviolent movement dedicated to protecting the rights of vulnerable citizens. However, this is not true. Founders and leaders of the organization advocate an ideology that calls for violence, and many of its supporters eagerly enact it. . . .
You might also like
1. Fredrick Kunkle, “Protesters Target D.C. Diners, Triggering Backlash after Heckling Woman,” Washington Post, August 25, 2020, https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2020/08/25/dc-protesters-blm-diner-confrontation/.
2. Kim Parker, Juliana M. Horowitz, and Monica Anderson, “Amid Protests, Majorities across Racial and Ethnic Groups Express Support for the Black Lives Matter Movement,” Pew Research Center, June 12, 2020, https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2020/06/12/amid-protests-majorities-across-racial-and-ethnic-groups-express-support-for-the-black-lives-matter-movement/.
3. Tanya Basu, “Black Lives Matter Activists Disrupt Bernie Sanders Speech,” Time, August 9, 2015, https://time.com/3989917/black-lives-matter-protest-bernie-sanders-seattle/.
4. John W. Yelland, “Black Lives Matter Calls to Shut down Ben Shapiro at U of U,” KUTV, September 27, 2017, https://kutv.com/news/local/black-lives-matter-calls-to-shut-down-ben-shapiro-at-u-of-u; “BLM Protests Heather MacDonald at Claremont McKenna,” YouTube, April 7, 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8yck_4ixgI; Taylor Gee, “How the Middlebury Riot Really Went Down,” Politico, May 28, 2017, https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/05/28/how-donald-trump-caused-the-middlebury-melee-215195; Steven Nelson, “Backlash Spreads against Black Lives Matter Shutting down ACLU Event,” Washington Examiner, October 7, 2017, https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/backlash-spreads-against-black-lives-matter-shutting-down-aclu-free-speech-event.
5. Ryan Saavedra, “Watch: Black Americans Turn out to Defend Lincoln Emancipation Memorial from Radical Activists,” Daily Wire, June 26, 2020, https://dw-site-staging.dailywire.com/news/watch-black-americans-turn-out-to-defend-lincoln-emancipation-memorial-from-extremists.
7. Ami Horowitz, Twitter, September 24, 2020, https://twitter.com/amihorowitz/status/1309279771570954241?s=21.
8. Steven Symes, “Wisconsin Rioters Loot and Burn down Car Dealership,” August 24, 2020, https://news.yahoo.com/wisconsin-rioters-loot-burn-down-183000678.html.
9. Tom Elliot, Twitter, August 22, 2020, https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1297131110674182144?s=20.
11. Aaron Feis, “Watch Black Lives Matter Protesters Harass Pittsburgh Diners,” New York Post, September 7, 2020, https://nypost.com/2020/09/07/black-lives-matter-protesters-harass-pittsburgh-diners/.
12. Joshua Rhett Miller, “Seattle BLM Protesters Demand White People ‘Give up’ Their Homes,” New York Post, https://nypost.com/2020/08/14/seattle-blm-protesters-demand-white-people-give-up-their-homes/; Lasse Burholt, “BLM Waking up Washington—Screaming Loud, Hitting Pots, Blowing Horns in DC Residential Area,” August 9, 2020, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-aYT9f9kXo.
13. Shane Dixon Kavanaugh, “Portland Protesters Beat Driver Unconscious after Crashing Truck near Black Lives Matter Rally,” The Oregonian, August 17, 2020, https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/08/driver-of-crashed-car-is-beaten-blocks-from-downtown-portland-protests.html.
14. Mark Moore, “BLM Leader: If Change Doesn’t Happen, Then ‘We Will Burn down This System,’” New York Post, June 25, 2020, https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-leader-if-change-doesnt-happen-we-will-burn-down-this-system/.
15. The term “property” is taken from the Declaration of Colonial Rights of 1774 and is in spirit with the rights enumerated by the Declaration of Independence.
16. Moore, “BLM Leader: If Change Doesn’t Happen, Then ‘We Will Burn down This System.’”