[UPDATE: June 15] TOS is looking for a part-time Social Media Specialist to join our team and help apply and advance the principles of Objectivism. Later this week, on Friday, June 20, we will select three applicants for phone interviews, after which we will make our choice. If you're interested in this position, apply today!
The Social Media Specialist (SMS) will:
- Work closely with TOS’s writers and staff to produce and post content to TOS Blog and TOS’s social media properties;
- Create, purchase, and manipulate images for use on TOS’s website and social media properties;
- Help in the creation and editing of videos;
- Generate and develop ideas for improving TOS’s social media efforts and increasing traffic to our website.
Candidates must have:
- A good understanding of the basic principles of Objectivism;
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.);
- Experience with Photoshop (experience with InDesign and WordPress would be helpful too but is not necessary);
- Eagerness to expand their knowledge;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills.
The SMS will work between 10 and 20 hours per week initially, and may increase work hours over time if desired. Specific hours of the day will be flexible.
The hired candidate may begin immediately or anytime before the end of July 2014.
The SMS may work from anywhere Internet access is available.
The SMS will begin at $15/hour with the possibility of bonuses.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals should submit a resume and a cover letter explaining why they want to work with TOS. These should be emailed to Craig Biddle at firstname.lastname@example.org.